Polish Association of Chemical Engineers SITPChem is a Non-Profit Organization operating since 1927.
The mission of SITPChem is to promote and disseminate engineering knowledge and economic patriotism, with care for the common interests of engineers, technicians and the chemical industry.
The association operates in Warsaw and in 22 local SITPChem Branches throughout Poland.
SITPChem is a member of international chemical organizations:
• FATIPEC Federation of Associations of Technicians for Industry of Paints in European Countries (www.fatopec.com)
• EFCE European Federation of Chemical Engineering (https://efce.info/)
The activity of SITPChem is focused on the professional corporation of chemists, working for and supporting the development of the chemical industry as well as the social and economic importance of engineering and technical staff.
The most important area of activities of SITPChem:
– Specialized Committees and Sections of SITPChem
– Organization of congresses, conferences, symposia at national and international level
– Development of educational programs for secondary schools
– Participation in the organization of Industry Skills Centres
– Publishing scientific and technical journals
– Lectures on science and technology
– Training and examinations in the field of improving professional qualifications,
– Cooperation with universities, institutes, secondary and primary schools
– Cooperation with the chemical industry
– Work within Federation of Technical Associations FSNT-NOT; Committees and Commissions, scientific events, creating cooperation with member associations
– Cooperation with industry and local non-governmental organizations
– International cooperation, including membership in the FATIPEC federation (www.fatipec.com), EFCE (https://efce.info/) and foreign engineering organizations
– Consolidation of the history of the association and the chemical industry and the achievements of individual technology creators
Committees operating in SITPChem:
• Regulations and Statute
• Awards and distinctions
• Professional Specializations and Experts
• Chemical Legislation
• Energy Committee
• History of the Chemical Industry
Specialized working sections :
• Technical Equipment Supervision
• Chemical Engineering and Equipment
• Production Engineering
• Environmental protection
• Coal chemistry
• Paints and Coatings
• Plastic processing
SITPChem cooperates with many institutions and organizations, including the Polish Chamber of Chemical Industry (PIPC), the Polish Chemical Society (PTChem), the Chemistry Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
SITPChem is the owner of scientific and technical journals:
” Corrosion Protection”
An important and unprecedented achievement of SITPChem is a 20-volume publication titled „Cards from the history of the Polish chemical industry”
The General Assembly is the highest authority of SITPChem.
The SITPChem Board elected for the period of four years consists of a president and 18 – 25 members elected by the SITPChem General Assembly and consists of: president vice presidents, treasurer, general secretary.
SITPChem Executive Committee Members:
Vice President – Anna Czumak-Bieniecka
Vice President – Józef Kozieł
Vice President – Jerzy Marcinko
Vice President – Adam Tarniowy
Vice President – Zbigniew Wzorek
Chairman of Main Audit Commission
Chairman of Main Court of Arbitration